Monday, March 3, 2008

Home from Vegas

So I came home a week early from Vegas.  David hurt his back and ended up in the emergency room.  Most of you know it is hard enough taking care of a toddler by yourself and then  not being able to move would make things much harder (that was his situation).  I had to come home to take care of both of my babies.  I knew Dave wouldn't get off the couch to feed himself because he was in too much pain and Connor would be fed PB&J's for the rest of the week.  So it was in my best interest to come home early.
The two weeks in Vegas was great.  I was really tired of the planes flying over all the time at Nellis.  My room would vibrate and not in the good way...lol.  I caught a few shows and done a little gambling.  I went to Studio 54 for about 45 minutes-- the club scene is definitely not for me anymore.  I would rather be in a lounge so I can hear the person I am talking with.
Also for those who don't know...I will be reenlisting soon (probably this week).  I also may have to go back to Vegas for 6 months in November; however that is still far enough away for things to change. 
The highlight of my trip was definitely seeing my good friend Angie.  It had been almost 5 years since I had seen her but it definitely didn't feel like 5 years.  I believe "true friends" have the capability of picking up where they left off.  I can't wait to see her again.
It was a good trip and a mini-vacation; but I'm so very excited being home with my family.  Vegas is fun but extremely overrated.

No comments: